Silverfish Control 101: Tackling These Strange Invaders In Tampa
February 28, 2023 - Silverfish
Tampa is a nice place to live. It offers great attractions, a vibrant business environment, a healthy housing market, and the climate allows for extensive outdoor activities. It is an attractive area. Unfortunately, people are not the only thing attracted to the area. Tampa offers house pests everything that they like, and there are many of them in the area. Silverfish are one of the common household pests area homeowners often find sharing their homes. In fact, silverfish infestations are a growing problem everywhere.
If you discover silverfish in your Tampa home, you want them out fast. With over a hundred years of combined experience, Haskell Termite & Pest Control can help you with silverfish pest control in Tampa. Call us today, and let us bring our experience and professionalism to your doorstep.
How To Identify Silverfish In Your Home
To help you identify silverfish, here are some handy silverfish facts:
- Silverfish adults are approximately a half-inch long.
- Silverfish are dark gray to black in appearance, and teardrop shaped.
- They have three bristles on their tails that look like antennae.
- They have scales and have an ‘armored’ appearance.
- They have two large antennae on their heads.
- They are wide, but flat, and fast runners.
If you find silverfish in your home, do not worry. Haskell Termite & Pest knows how to get rid of silverfish, and we can get rid of yours.
The Problem With Silverfish In The House
Thankfully, silverfish are not dangerous to humans. They do not have venomous bites or stings, but they do bring problems with them when they infest your home. Silverfish are very opportunistic in their dietary habits. Where many pests like the food in your cabinets, silverfish can dine on your clothing, wallpaper, stored papers, food stores, and even your furniture. Silverfish can cause a lot of damage, in a lot of little ways.
Silverfish also tend to breed well, and they can hide almost anywhere in your home. Because of this, DIY pest control efforts can be quite challenging and are often unsuccessful in removing silverfish infestations.
If you find silverfish in your home, call Haskell Termite & Pest Control. We know all about silverfish control, and we can help you manage silverfish infestations effectively.
Silverfish Prevention Tips For Your Tampa Home
Here are some simple tips to help decrease the chances you will have to deal with silverfish in your own home:
- Tightly seal outside garbage: Silverfish are very opportunistic and will flock to garbage.
- Keep your yard clean: Rubbish piles, junk heaps, and other clutter attract silverfish.
- Seal your home: Silverfish are very good at exploiting openings, so be thorough.
- Seal inside food well: Silverfish will get into any food that they can, and then stay.
- Keep a clean house: Crumbs are very attractive to silverfish.
- Seal drips/leaks: Silverfish love wet/moist environments, but not dry environments.
- Inspect often: Silverfish are much easier to deal with when they are small.
These tips can help you reduce the chances that you will encounter silverfish in your home but, unfortunately, can’t guarantee that you won’t still encounter them. If you try these tips but still find that silverfish have come into your house, call Haskell Termite & Pest Control. We know how to get rid of silverfish.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Silverfish In Your House Fast!
Silverfish can often get into your house undetected, and then breed unseen. By the time you realize that they are inside, the infestation has grown large enough to be difficult to eliminate. The best way to eliminate silverfish right the first time is to get help from the professionals. Haskell Termite & Pest Control stands ready to help you with silverfish and all other pests. Contact us today, and let us help you get your home pest free.
Knowledgeable and excellent service very professional