What Every Homeowner Should Know About Termites In Tampa
February 14, 2023 - Termites
Termites are a growing pest all over the United States, and Tampa certainly has its share of them. Termites get into houses unseen, and infestations can persist for years before homeowners discover them. By that time, termites can cause extensive damage. In fact, the average termite-related home repair exceeds $3,000. To make matters worse, termite infestations can be tricky to eliminate, and DIY termite treatments are generally ineffective in removing them.
Termites can be hard to treat and highly destructive. Do not take a chance with ineffective DIY pest control efforts. Haskell Termite & Pest Control has been dealing with pests for decades, and we know how to get rid of termites.
The Types Of Termites That Infest Tampa Homes
There is actually more than one type of termite that Tampa homeowners may discover in their homes. Here are the different types of termites that you may encounter in your home:
- Subterranean termites: This group of termites is the most damaging to homes. Includes highly damaging termite species like the formosan, eastern, and Asian termites.
- Dry wood termites: This group of termites is encountered less often than subterranean termites, but are also well known for causing extensive damage to homes.
- Damp wood termites: As their name suggests, dampwood termites prefer wet or moist wood, which means that they are often drawn to wood near home leaks.
All of these termite types can cause damage to your home, especially as time goes by. The longer termites stay in your home, the more damage they will cause. Haskell Termite & Pest Control wants to help. If you find a termite problem in your home, call us. We can help you with termite removal.
Signs Of Termites To Be On The Watch For Around Your Home
Here are some ways to tell if termites may be in your home:
- Termite wings: Termites can swarm, and then shed their wings. If you see a lot of wings inside your home, this is a good indication you may have a termite infestation.
- Mud tubes: Subterranean termites build mud tubes to move between the ground and your home. If you see mud tubes outside, you have a termite infestation.
- Loose tiles on floors: Termites can eat support structures out from under floors. When they do this, they can cause other structures to shift. Loose tiles may indicate termites.
- Small holes in your walls. Termites can chew through, looking for water.
- Weak structures: Walls that suddenly flex or floors that sag can indicate weakened support structures. Support structures seem weak? Check for termites.
These signs can help you identify termite infestations, but termites do most of their work behind walls and under floors. Haskell Termite & Pest Control can help you check for termites, and get rid of them if we find them. Contact us today. We are the best termite company near you.
Handy Tips To Prevent Termites Around Your Property
There are several different things you can do around your home to minimize the chances of getting a termite infestation:
- Clean up all outside wood piles.
- Wood scraps in contact with the ground can attract termites.
- Also, keep firewood stacks elevated.
- Fix all leaks around your home to discourage termites.
- Inspect outside your home frequently, looking for signs of termite mud tubes.
Finally, it is a great idea to secure Haskell Termite & Pest to help you monitor your home for signs of termite infestations and to treat termite infestations if we find them. Call us today for termite inspections.
The Secret To Total Termite Control For Tampa Properties
Termites can be extremely damaging to homes and other structures. The secret for total termite control is to partner with Haskell Termite & Pest Control for all of your pest control needs, including termites. We know how to get pests out of your home. Call us, and let us help.
Knowledgeable and excellent service very professional