What You Should Know If You Spot Flying Termites Around Your Tampa Home
April 30, 2022 - Termites
If you're like most people, the warmer weather brings thoughts of picnics, swimming, and spending time outdoors. Unfortunately, it also brings out flying termites. If you spot flying termites around your Tampa home, don't panic.
There are steps you can take to get rid of them. But it's important to take action right away because if left untreated, flying termites can damage your home. Contact a certified Tampa pest control firm for termite control. They'll be able to help get rid of the termites and keep them from coming back.
What Are Flying Termites?
Flying termite identification isn't always easy, but there are a few things you can look for. Also known as swarmers, these termites are the reproductive stage of the termite colony. You can identify them by:
- Their Size: They're about twice the size of regular termites.
- Their Wings: Flying termites have two pairs of straight wings almost equal in size.
- The Way They Fly: Flying termites will hold their wings out while they fly.
- Color: Flying termites are usually light brown or black.
- Season: Flying termites typically appear in the spring or summer.
- Antennae: Flying termites have long, straight antennae.
Swarmers emerge from underground colonies in large numbers when conditions are ideal for breeding. They fly around until they find a new place to live, often landing on objects near the ground. Call a Tampa termite specialist near you for termite control when you see swarmers.
Does Seeing Termite Swarmers Mean A Termite Infestation?
It's important to remember that seeing flying termites around your home doesn't always mean you have a termite infestation in your home. They could be coming from a neighbor's home, passing through, or from a nearby wooded area.
However, if you see them regularly or in large numbers, you likely have an infestation and should take action by calling a termite specialist near you right away. They'll assist you with termite identification and help devise a termite treatment plan to get rid of the flying termites and prevent them from returning.
How Do You Prevent Termites From Infesting Your Home?
There are a few things you can do to prevent termites from infesting your home:
- Keep your home and property clean and free of debris.
- Remove any wood-to-ground contact, including wooden fences, landscaping timbers, and firewood stored next to the house.
- Inspect trees near your home for signs of termite damage.
- Install a Termite Shield around the bottom of your home's foundation.
- Have regular pest inspections done by a certified Tampa pest control company.
- Don't let moisture accumulate near your home.
If you have an existing termite infestation, have it treated right away. Don't wait until the problem gets worse. Contact a Tampa pest control company for termite control. They can identify the termites you have and devise a treatment plan to get rid of them. And don't forget to follow these tips to prevent future termite infestations.
What's The Best Termite Control For Tampa Homes?
There are a few different termite control options. Each has its own pros and cons, so it's essential to discuss them with a certified Tampa pest control company. The best way of dealing with a termite infestation in your home may involve a combination of methods, including baiting, trenching, and foam. Ultimately, it's best to leave it to the professionals.
Haskell Termite & Pest Control is a certified Tampa pest control company. We've been providing quality termite and pest control services for years now. We offer a variety of termite treatments, including baiting, trenching, and foam, to get rid of flying termites and prevent them from returning. Contact us to reserve a free, no-obligation termite inspection.
Knowledgeable and excellent service very professional