How To Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Tampa Yard
April 15, 2022 - Mosquitoes
No one wants to deal with mosquitoes, especially not in their backyard. If you've seen these pests around your Tampa backyard, it's time to take action. They can cause all sorts of dangerous diseases and illnesses. Get rid of mosquitoes for good by contacting a certified Tampa pest control company. They'll be able to help you with natural ways to keep mosquitoes away.
The Life Cycle Of Mosquitoes
Before we look at ways to kill mosquitoes, it's best to understand their life cycle; this will make dealing with parasitic mosquitoes easier. Adult female mosquitoes lay eggs in water, and the eggs hatch into larvae which feed on organic material in the water. The larvae then turn into pupae and finally adult mosquitoes.
There are many different ways to deal with each stage of the mosquito life cycle:
- Eggs: Remove any standing water from your property, or treat it with larvicide.
- Larvae: Use mosquito dunks or other larvicides in any standing water.
- Pupae: Adult mosquitoes can emerge from pupae, so it's best to kill them before they have a chance to become adults. Treat ponds and other large bodies of water with insecticides specifically designed to kill mosquito pupae.
- Adult Mosquitoes: Use insecticides and mosquito traps to kill adult mosquitoes.
When looking at ways to kill mosquitoes, it's best to go with a natural and sustainable way. Reputable Tampa pest control firms use natural ways to keep mosquitoes away.
The Dangerous Diseases Mosquitoes Are Known To Spread
Mosquitoes spread many dangerous diseases, some of which can be lethal. This is why it's so important to take action and get rid of mosquitoes if you've seen these pests around your home. Some of the diseases that mosquitoes are known to spread include:
- West Nile virus is a viral disease that can cause fever, vomiting, and even death.
- Zika virus is a relatively new virus that can cause fever, rash, and joint pain. In severe cases, it can also lead to neurological problems.
- Malaria is a severe and life-threatening disease caused by a parasite transmitted by mosquitoes.
- Dengue fever is a virus that causes severe headaches, pain behind the eyes, and joint pain.
The best way to protect yourself and your family from these diseases is to get rid of mosquitoes. Get in touch with a qualified pest control company today, and they'll be able to rid your home of mosquitoes.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Mosquitoes To Your Yard
While you can't get rid of parasitic mosquitoes altogether, there are a few things that you can do to make your yard less attractive to them. This will help reduce the number of mosquitoes hanging around your home. Some of the things that attract mosquitoes include:
- Standing water is an ideal place for mosquito eggs to hatch, so remove any standing water from your yard.
- Bodies of water such as ponds and lakes are perfect breeding grounds for mosquitoes, so introduce natural predators or use insecticides to kill mosquito larvae.
- Dark, humid areas are a favorite place for mosquitoes to hang out, so ensure you keep your yard well-lit and dry.
- Mosquitoes are attracted to certain smells, so avoid using scented candles or oils, or use citronella candles.
- The use of lights at night attracts mosquitoes, so avoid using outdoor lights whenever possible.
By removing these factors, you can make your yard less attractive to mosquitoes and help reduce the number of these pests. Get in touch with a pest control company today for more information.
The Most Effective Mosquito Control For Tampa Yards
While there are many different ways to control mosquitoes, your best bet would be to go with a professional pest control company.
We understand that every home is different, so we'll work with you to develop a plan that works best for your needs. Call us today for a free consultation, and we'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
Efficient, effective and trustworthy. After using them, I paid the annual insurance in case the drywood termites came back. When they did come back, Haskell promptly re-tented the house - no arguing, no cost to me.